(Established 1939)click to share
Comfortable and pleasant surroundings within the Historic Baildon Hall with excellent bar and catering facilities. The Club can offer the beautifully panelled Oak Room for private functions e.g. birthdays, anniversaries, christenings, weddings, meetings and funerals. Private parties may be shown round by prior appointment. A warm and friendly welcome is extended to all new members.
Baildon Hall is a typical example of a 16C Manor House, built by Robert Baildon in 1553, on the site of a previous Mediaeval Manor House, part of which still remain in the South Wing which dates back to the 13C. Robert was a descendant of the Baildon family who had been connected with Baildon since the 1100s. Dividing the Hall body from the wing is a 14C Oak Screen passageway, the three archways would lead to a middle staircase for the upstairs Solar wing and rooms either side. The fireplaces were uncovered during restoration work during the 1960s. Originally the South Wing was a wattle & daub structure and was not encased in stone until 1683. There is a date stone with the date and the initials of Jane Baildon who was living there at that time. The main lounge has a fine 10ft fireplace and mullioned windows. Unfortunately 3 of the mullions were removed for a doorway during the 1800s. The large cupboard door on the wall dates back to Francis Baildon’s time and would be a store cupboard, there are the initials of Francis & Jane Baildon carved on it. The letter on the wall is a copy of the letter written by Francis in 1649 claiming back his estates which were taken away from him when he was a Ward of Court, due to his father and grandfather dying when he was a baby.