Last updated: 24 May, 2018.
- This Policy explains the privacy practices of JazzConnects and applies to your use of JazzConnects’ products and services, including the websites and mobile applications that link to this Policy (collectively, the “Services”).
- This Policy covers how JazzConnects treats the personal information we collect and receive related to your use of our Services and Mobile Apps. It also explains the rights you have in respect of JazzConnects’ use of your personal information;
- This Policy does not apply to the practices of people or companies that JazzConnects does not own, control, employ or manage, except where incorporated by reference within licensing arrangements with third parties; and
- Minors – You must be at least 16 years old to register, subscribe for or otherwise use JazzConnects’ Services because JazzConnects is available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. JazzConnects does not knowingly collect or use any information relating to individuals under 16 years old.
When and how we collect your personal information
JazzConnects collects personal information about you when you:
- Visit and use our websites;
- Register, subscribe for or sign in/up to our Services;
- Purchase products or services from JazzConnects;
- Send or receive email communications to or from JazzConnects;
- Voluntarily provide us personal information by phone, email, live chats, message boards, in letters, online forms and other correspondence;
- Enter promotions or surveys sponsored by or in connection with JazzConnects.
Personal information that we collect through our services
When you subscribe to or use our Services, we collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address (including postcode, country of residence, and telephone or mobile number, user name and password);
- Billing information such as credit card information and billing address;
- Demographic information such as your date of birth and gender;
- Information concerning your personal preferences and other personal interests;
- Information about your browser and your device such as your IP address and, when using our mobile applications, data such as device type and OS version. JazzConnects receives IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is also stored in our user registration databases when you register or subscribe with JazzConnects;
- Location information. When you are using our mobile application, we collect geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
Personal information we collect when you enter a promotion, survey or contest
- When you enter a promotion, survey, or contest hosted by JazzConnects or sponsored by JazzConnects and/or our many partners, we ask for your name, address, and email address. You may be asked to provide additional information (such as photos or videos) or to answer certain questions, some of which may be optional, in order to participate.
- We may use the personal information you provide to contact you in connection with a particular promotion, such as a survey or contest – for example, to update you of your status, administer the promotion, let you know that a promotion has ended, and for other purposes.
Personal information that we obtain from Third Party Sources
- We may collect information through the use of third party web analytics services (such as Google Analytics) to provide information such as the number of visits to a particular page or the amount of time spent on a website.
- We may use information from you and third party sites to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and Twitter). This could involve showing you an advertising message on social media. If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from JazzConnects, third party sites may allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in the future. In addition, social media providers, such as Facebook, may send us information about you in line with their policies. If you wish to prevent that sharing, you can do so by editing your Facebook privacy settings or the relevant settings/preferences for other social media providers.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested from us or through our Services;
- To customise the content and provide targeted advertising for our Services and to improve our Services;
- To conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients; and
- When this is in accordance with your marketing communications preferences we may send you push notifications and emails from JazzConnects relating to our products and services. You can opt-out of our marketing communications at any time (see “Your account information and preferences” below).
We use IP addresses for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP;
- Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers or other third parties;
- Estimate the total number of users visiting JazzConnects from specific countries or regions of the world;
- Assist third party advertisers to track the effectiveness of the promotions they run on our website, such as to track visits to and business on the advertised websites;
- Maintain the security of our Services.
In addition, we also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enhance information about you with appropriate and legal data that may be obtained to serve you better, and present you with more relevant information, for example by using Geo-IP maps;
- When using our mobile website or application, if you tell JazzConnects where you are located (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send JazzConnects your precise location), JazzConnects may use that information to provide you with location-based information, tailored offers and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device;
- Furthermore, when you use our Services, we receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, JazzConnects cookie information, the type of software and hardware you are using and the web page(s) you visit. To provide you with JazzConnects’ services and to improve and promote our services.
Legal basis for processing
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using your personal data will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you (e.g. to provide you with the services you have subscribed to or purchased), or (c) where the processing is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms). In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you, or may otherwise need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person (though this is less common).
If you have any questions about the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us using the contact information further below.
When we share and disclose information
JazzConnects does not rent or sell personal information about you to third parties, however, we reserve the right to share the personal information we collect about you through our Services with third parties when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
- We may provide data to trusted partners who work on our behalf to communicate with you about offers from JazzConnects and our marketing partners, or to provide you with our location based services. Note, these companies do not have any right to use or share your personal data for any other purposes, however they may use aggregate data for statistical purposes;
- We may also provide data to our third party analytics partners, such as Google Analytics, for the purposes of tracking usage information. We will share your personal information only as necessary for the third party to provide that service. To opt-out of Google Analytics use of your information, please visit: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
In addition, We may share your personal information with law enforcement, regulatory authorities, courts with competent jurisdictions, emergency services or other necessary third parties for legal, protection, security, and safety purposes, including:
- to comply with legal requirements, orders, or proceedings;
- to comply with laws or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to protect the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you in order to improve the services we offer you, improve our marketing efforts, perform analytics, or improve site functionality.
Local storage – HTML5 cookies
- On JazzConnects we use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 storage to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
Your account information and communication preferences
- JazzConnects respects your right to control how your personal information is used. JazzConnects may give you the opportunity to request marketing communications from vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers. For more information about these opportunities, to edit your personal information, to unsubscribe from receiving JazzConnects services you previously requested, or to update your account, please logging into the “Account Info” section on the website. If you have any issue accessing your profile page or account, or would like to deactivate your account email us at admin@JazzConnects.com.
- Please note that even if you choose not to receive marketing emails to your e-mail inbox, we may still send you certain communications relating to your account, or if you inquire about JazzConnects Services. These may include service announcements, customer service notices, feedback requests and administrative messages.
Confidentiality and security of your personal information
- JazzConnects takes industry-standard technical and organisational security measures to protect your user information under our company’s control against loss, misuse, or alteration. When you enter a credit card number on our website, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Data transfer and storage
Social media widgets
- Our website includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button and Widgets, or interactive mini-programs that run on our site. These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website.
Single sign on
- Our Services may offer you the ability to register and login using your third party social media account details (like your Facebook logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public. If you login using Facebook, we may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with JazzConnects.
- We may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity. The periods for which we retain your information depend on the purpose for which we collected it and we use it.
- We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. If you request termination of your JazzConnects account, it is our practice to deactivate your account and block further email deliveries to you in approximately ten business days.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below. (We may require you to prove your identity with approved forms of identification).
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- JazzConnects may update this Policy from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to JazzConnects. We will post any update(s) to this Policy on our websites. All update(s) will be effective immediately on posting. The date on which this Policy was last updated is shown at the top of the Policy. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use JazzConnects’ websites or services to submit personal information to JazzConnects.
How to contact us